Calliper was appointed as part of a team of consultants to look into the design and implementation of the proposed Relebohile Health Centre in Heilbron. The scope of work for Calliper involved the detailed design, documentation and site supervision and inspection for the following services:
- Structural engineering services
- Stormwater management infrastructure
- Parking and access to the health centre
- Sewer reticulation systems
- Water reticulation systems and storage
- Bulk earthworks
The Relebohile Health Centre is a single storey structure with a footprint area of approximately 1700m2 and is located on a site of approximately 7600m2.
The project objectives were to:
- Design and construct a health facility for the community with all the relevant required services
- Employment creation during the implementation phase of the project
- Protect the site from perennial flooding risks
- Ensure proper and adequate access to the facility
120 people were employed on the project.
People were trained in the following areas:
- Brick laying