The works completed under this project included the routine maintenance of Road D4045 from Lebowakgomo via Veeplats to Jane Furse in the Capricorn District of Limpopo.
The implementation of the project had the following positive impact:
- Shortened travel time and therefore improved mobility which improved economic collaboration within local communities and businesses
- An improved stormwater management system
- Increased road safety
- The reduction of road maintenance cost
30 local labourers from surrounding communities were appointed on this project and three local SMEs were sub-contracted throughout the project.
Employees were trained on the maintenance and repair of bituminous surface and local SMEs were trained on:
- How to organise and control the spraying of bitumen on road surfaces
- Reading, interpreting and use of construction drawings and specification
- Dynamics of small business management